Sun Tao, a National Distinguished Expert, a talent of Thousand Talents program in Zhejiang Province, a high-level entrepreneurial and innovative talent in Jiangsu Province, an advanced individual of Jiangsu Province who returned to China after studying abroad. A professor of the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
1. 1990.09-1993.08: Ph.D. in Engineering, Chemistry, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
2. 1984.09-1987.08: Master of Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Institute of Coal Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
3. 2019.07-Present: Professor, Shanghai University of Engineering Science
4. 2014.10-2019.06: General Manager, Ningbo Risheng New Material Co.
5. 2011.05-2014.09: Vice President of R&D, Jiangsu Zhongjing Technology Co.
6. 2005.05-2011.04: General Manager, Jiangsu Jirica Microelectronics Nanomaterials Co,.
7. 2001.08-2005.04: Senior Scientist, CabotMicroelectronics Inc.
8. 1997.01-2001.07: Specialist, Dow Chemical Company, Central Research.
9. 1993.10-1996.12: Postdoctor, Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
10. 1987.09-1990.08: Project Leader, Jinling Petrochemical Company, Research Institute.
Academic Positions and Awards
1. 07/2020 -11/2025 Deputy Director of Expert Committee, National Think Tank of Material and Device Scientists - Electronic Information Materials and Devices.
2. 01/2004 -05/2005 Director, Chicago Micro- and Nanotechnology Society.
Research Areas and Technical Expertise
Homogeneous and non-homogeneous catalysis, nanometer materials, nano-composite synthesis and processes, self-assembled interface science, controlled mesoporous materials, tribology, friction catalysis and reaction engineering, top-down nano-fabrication and other interdisciplines.